More Podcast Episodes
NB - My podcast pages are in the process of a complete overhaul - they will be much slicker soon - hang on in there. I have a technically skilled individual working on the case.
Here are the final 2 Episodes of Season 1 - and below you have Ep.1-26 to catch up on. Some real gems here - look carefully.
Taz helps people ‘unleash their awesome’. In this chat you will hear award winning speaker and coach Taz, tell her extraordinary story that led to her realisation that vulnerability is a super-power. The conversation flowed so well that it turned into a rich and real long conversation - full of gems of insight, inspiration and very practical tips. We cover all sorts from tree-hugging to ‘taking your socks off’ - just listen.
Sarah Hackett - Brand Jam
Sarah Hackett is the Marketing Director of branding agency ‘Brand Jam’. She is also an old uni pal of mine. We chat about all things branding and ‘staying real’. Sarah gives great examples as well as key insights and actionable tips. What is at the heart of good branding - personality, passion and practicality.
As Sarah says: ‘Give your brand some thought - that identity will stay with you forever…’ It should be a journey you go on - it needs thought put into it.
On a practical and emotional point - ‘your brand has to be felt, heard and seen across all of your touch-points.’
Episodes 1 - 26 Season 1.
Episode #1 is a short introduction to the Podcast - just me - you don't need any show notes for this one!
Brilliant nuggets of wisdom from PR Warrior Trevor Young. We start with real definitions of ‘owned’ versus ‘earned’ content – and PR. Then a deep dive on how showing up as a real person, across all your content, will build relationships on and offline. How do we do this?
It's John! Relentlessly helpful John Espirian - the LinkedIn nerd - gives us some top tips on having real conversations on LinkedIn and making your posts really connect with real people! Sneak preview of a core concept in his upcoming book - Content DNA.
- is so easy to talk with! We start talking about her loving a cup of tea, putting the washing out and having normal conversations! We progress to some serious points about not having a rule book, learning from other people’s mistakes and successes and being a bit brave about being real. Great tip for the quieter listeners – how to be real as you turn the spotlight away from you and onto your client or target clients.
- talks about what marketing is and is not! How do you make a very real simple marketing plan? Avoid overwhelm and know when to take or leave advice! Host of The Secret Marketing Show Janine Coombes has a wealth of very real advice to keep things simple - and she also knows how to bring humour to the topic of marketing! Very real.
- You Are The Media - know that If you want to grow you need to be brave and ask for feedback. To get quality feedback you need to reach out to a community that you have built trust with – so here are tips from a community building expert and very real, open kind of a guy! He describes lessons learnt from his recent experience of asking for feedback. How to go about it, why it matters and what he learnt.
Yes! As Victoria demonstrates so well - you can me more than one you! You evolve and you can tweak your style of communication according to the context – as long as you are consistent with a ‘core you’. If you put more of your natural style out there – you get the kind of clients you enjoy working with. You can combine formal with informal – as long as you are authentic. Also – think out of the box – say it your way
Lord Simon Jacobs
- not a real Lord, but a very real person! Flying the flag for the perfectly possible mix of being professional and 'weird' - as in not following all the conventions! A really intelligent, thoughtful conversation. We are wired for conformity – so you have to put conscious effort into not conforming. Grow a community around you that feels interesting – that you want to engage with yourself. ‘You want to attract the people that like the stuff that you do differently.’
- great chat! If you don’t let people know who you are – they won’t know if they want to get to know you more – and potentially work with you! If you don’t consistently show up as ‘you’ demonstrating your values – you won’t attract the kind of people you want to work with. Good news – you can do this step by step – and quietly!
- all the way from Liverpool! He shares his journey from big organisations to being a business owner–and now sometimes working for big organisations! He reminds us that the secret of ‘niching’ is remembering only you have your experience–there are others doing what you do–but not like you!Some top tips from a marketing and communications man–a very real man
- Marketing Study Lab - generously offers up marketing gems – but keeps it simple! It is this mix of rich but simple that he encourages you to practice – rich value but not too widely spread – and communicated to the right people, in the right place – in your voice – and uncluttered!
- is a filmmaker turned medical supply start-up founder - developing medical products that help communities – a start-up family company doing good! In this very real conversation, you hear her journey – patience, comfort-zone stretching, self-doubt bumps, tactics and insights galore … and above all the quest to find real stories by having real conversations out in the real world!
- Chat Marketing & Chatbot Specialist – chatting! If you have ever thought ‘chatbots are bad – they mess with human connection…’ - this will make you think again! Sarah suggests they are more of a ‘message experience’ than a ‘bot’ and you can use automation to increase a sense of real connection – if you use it well of course. Here are some brilliant tips and resources from a very real person!
– coauthor of the wonderful ‘Go-Giver’ series and sought-after speaker.
What a fascinating interview full of giving! The insight and tactics range from a total re-frame on ‘selling’ to Bob’s thoughts on ‘value’ and ‘being human’… and…our ‘money’ baggage! You will love this chat!
– Hypnotherapist and author of ‘Good Grief’ – reminds us that our brains do need some space to operate in effectively! Her very real and challenging story has led her to what she does for others – and that includes dealing with grief. Dipti will calm you down – listen to her story and her valuable tips on mind body wellbeing.
- is the owner of Like A Voss Social Media - speaking to us from Ontario - which is where she has landed after a fascinating story! This will remind you that none of us wake up one morning and know what we want to do - and get there instantly! Some practical tips on time-saving social media strategies too. This is a real boss being human.
- generously shares loads of strategies, secrets and steps to take right now! This is how to be a very real, relatable human whist building your visibility and know, like and trust factor! Jo shares her own story – warts and all – as well as a cracking story about a Jelly Rock client!
– TedX speaker and author of Live it Love it Sell it reminds us of two things – and more! Firstly – we have choices. Secondly – sales is not a thing to fear, it is something we can learn to love if we reframe it into ‘them wanting’ rather than ‘us pushing’! Lovely conversation encompassing the highs and lows of Jules’s journey and her very real insights to help stop your fear of selling.
- calls out bulls**t! Sometimes, you need to be less loyal and tenacious. Sometimes you need to be more honest with yourself. Sometimes you need to go back and sort out unfinished business. Sometimes you need to be a bit more childish. This is a Make it Real Long Conversation special. Go for a longer walk or sip your tea/coffee/wine/G&T slower!
-reminds us that a picture speaks a thousand words. What are yours saying? Marie-Claire is a Professional Rebel – as she says: A Moment Capturing Goddess (i.e. photographer) and Happiness Ninja on a mission to help people feel happier and realise how awesome they really are. She inspires people, who feel they don’t belong to remember who they are and find their place in the world - and grab life by the balls!
- helps people be productive in a distracted world– and we all need to be productive! Learn how Mark found himself where he is and get his good meaty tips and tactics – nothing fluffy about this episode. Just get on with it and listen. From micro-breaks to delegating to downtime – he has you covered.
- describes herself as The Maverick Maker – she helps others cultivate aspects of a ‘Maverick Mindset’. In this episode we talk about what that means and how it helps us and others. Carol also describes her journey from being pushed off diving boards to being a 'Coach-Leader'- and touches on inter-generational sharing and the ‘brain in our stomach’!
– a business enabler who loves helping people. He believes in shifting from Work/Life balance to Life/Work balance – and in this episode he shares the why and how of this shift. This chat is packed with humour, bog-standard human stuff and high-level insights, practical actions and loads of fascinating references.
In the enthusiasm and overwhelm of setting up a business – some basic housekeeping can be overlooked – like protecting your company name. Oliver gives legal advice to entrepreneurs and start-ups – so why not take full advantage of his insight and advice in this chat. Practical but in no way boring.
The story of how a personal trainer went from running a gym to telling people not to go to the gym! Dominique is the founder of the ‘Anti-Fitness Project’ – and you can’t get more real than this fascinating individual. Are we being drawn into messages that go against our natural real-ness. This chat is about life and business – a must listen.
Mark believes in humane marketing. He isn’t into telling people what to do – but he does want to us to explore the possibility that the idea that today the customer is the marketer – and you have to find ways to help them do their job as a marketer. Mark suggests we build and find our ‘Like-Minded Islands’ – a human connection approach that doesn’t need to be complex.
Join my mailing list for podcast updates!
Be the first to know about new episodes - complete with shownotes!